A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lazy Oct. Week-end

A very lazy week-end.  I didn’t even get dressed today.  I only went out once on Saturday to go see Lory’s new apartment.  Very nice place and she has big plans for it. 

I tried to put her new address in my GPS but it couldn’t find it.  I asked it to find something near there and it came up with a filling station nearby.  I think I can find the apartment from there. 

Her apartment is located close to just about anything she could need, including her work place.

My GPS maps are old.  New maps cost about as much as a whole new system so I guess I’ll just stick with what I have.

Lory stopped by and brought a wrench to get the hose off the outside faucet.  She also helped me light the pilot light on my gas fireplace.  These chilly evenings it’s nice to have the fire on for a while.

The dogs were all stirred up for no apparent reason.  They can hear things I can’t hear, I guess.  They went in and out and Bandit was trembling a lot.  I was about ready to put him in his cage when he settled down.

I had a nice call from my sister who is back in the USA after their summer long trip to Alaska.  What a wonderful trip they had.  Check it out on the link on the right side of this blog.  We caught up on all the family news. 

Also had a nice call from a cousin who keeps me up on all the news from where I grew up.  Telephones are wonderful things.

I’ve been using the cream prescribed for my “looks like shingles” and it is really helping with the itching.   The gel for the thin skin from the radiation also helps.   I’m doing pretty good, just lazy.

That means I have to get the car gassed up tomorrow and do several other errands soon.  So I better get over being lazy. 

Later….

1 comment:

CI said...

Hellen was worried about you :-)