A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hump Day

If you need a fall color fix try the link below.  It is a group of webcams in New Hampshire.

http://www.nhtourguide.com/live_web_cam_nh.htm

I am enjoying not going for treatment every day.   I have been told that retirees do only one thing per day.   I’m trying to do more than that.  Yesterday I got dog beds at Walmart and picked up a few grocery items.  

Today I brought the house plants onto the deck in the hope that it will rain tonight.   Also washed dishes and looked for a picture of an old barn that my cousin wants.  Linda, you know the one across from where the old house was.  Can’t put my hand right on it but it will turn up.

DOGS - I opted for the $12.99 dog beds as opposed to the $19.99 ones.  I put them in the dogs’ cages so they would be forced to use them and also identify which one was who’s. 

Bandit loves his.  He is in there most of the time.   He has some age issues along with the stubbornly independent issues. 

Often I want to make sure they have been to the bathroom outside and then come right back inside.  He refuses to come right back inside and chooses to cast a glance my way and then sniff off in the other direction.  “You made me come out – now I’ll come in when I’m ready and not before”.

When he does decide to come in he stands with his head in the door checking for who-knows-what.  The flys and mosquitoes like that but I don’t.  I’ve tried starting to close the door a bit and touching him with it.  That seems to give him the idea to get himself in the door

HEALTH - My pink skin in the radiation area is looking a bit better and feeling a bit better.   My itches are fading, my nausea is getting a bit better. 

VEHICLES - I took my car to the garage this morning to get the check engine light analyzed.  It was the E.G.R. pressure sensor.  They replaced it and I now have my car back and I’m $200.00 poorer.   They give me a ride back home and pick me up when it is done.   Can’t beat that service.

The RV is still at the shop getting it’s roof worked on.

Just have to figure out what tomorrow will bring

later….

No comments: