A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, October 8, 2010

TGIF Again

The hospital called and said the machine was down so Thursday’s appointment was postponed.  So to get all 20 treatments I will be done on Monday instead of Friday.

So I took a 3 hour nap and slept all night and felt quite rested. 

The feeling that I am sitting on only one spot and that spot being the bone in my right hip, is almost gone. 

There is still an occasional dull ache in the whole area.  I am told that the full effect of this radiation treatment may not be felt for weeks to come.  I am already encouraged that it is making a difference.

DOGS –  This morning when I went to let the dogs back into the house Bandit was at the back door but there was no Teddy in sight.  I called him with no response.  I asked Bandit to find him and he showed me.

Teddy had found a spot he could squeeze under the chain link fence and get into the neighbors yard.  He got back into my yard on his own which showed me exactly where the weak spot was.   That fence is kind of a hillbilly fence. 

I piled some rocks and bricks up at the spot he came back through and hoped that would hold until I found a better solution. 

It didn’t work for getting out of my yard but it did keep him from coming back from the neighbors yard. 

The second time I went and got him with a leash.  I knew right away that was a mistake since being put on a leash is a big privilege.

The third time I moved the rocks and let him get back home on his own.  I was so irritated that I told Bandit “get him”. 

Now Bandit can’t hear or understand when I call him but he understood “get him”.  He chased him into the house and cornered him in the kitchen, standing as tall as his short legs allowed, and put his head over Teddy’s neck and head. 

From watching The Dog Whisperer I know that is a powerful thing for one dog to do to another.  Teddy knew without watching TV. 

There was no fighting as Teddy submitted right away, he’s a lover, and apparently a wanderer, not a fighter.

I went out and made a more permanent repair on the fence.  I wired a brick to the bottom of the fence.  Hope that works.

So now I know that Bandit is not deaf or dumb, just stubborn, and I know he can intimidate Teddy.

Teddy has been trying to make up to me all evening so I finally gave in and combed the burrs out of him. 

We have had a whole week of no accidents in the house.  I have blocked off my bedroom and put dogs in their cages whenever I am gone and at night.  

I am the leader of this pack – HAH.

Later….

No comments: