A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, October 11, 2010

# 20 of 20

Had the 20th radiation treatment today.  Hooray!!!

You get to sign a large framed canvas that eventually gets hung on the wall and ring a bell (everyone applauds when you ring the bell) and they give you a certificate and a water bottle and a tote bag.   Oh yes, and everyone hugs you.  Hugs are the best.

So what will I do with myself now that I’m not going to the hospital every day.  HMMMM. 

Maybe I’ll get the house plants brought in, but first make room for them. 

Maybe I’ll make room to get to the area where I want to put them. 

Maybe I’ll take a nap.

Teddy seems to have fully recovered from his encounter with the neighbor dog.  I think the neighbor dog is missing Silly (the poodle who passed away).  They were the best of friends and loved to run up and down the fence and touch noses at each end of their run.  

Teddy still flinches a little when I examine him so there are probably still bruises.   He likes best to snuggle up with me on the couch for a nap.  Bandit paces for a while when that happens and then finds a spot to rest. 

I think I’ll get a couple of dog beds for them and try to stop locking them up in the cages at night.   It will probably involve a couple of sleepless nights, putting Teddy back into his bed over and over.

Victoria on “It’s Me Or The Dog” on Animal Planet does not like dogs in their owners bed.   I have never minded it since I’ve been living alone.  It might not be good for the dog as some mornings I would wake up with Teddy cringing at the foot of the bed and all the covers pulled loose and messed up.  I must have been sleeping like a tornado those nights.

Oh dear, it’s Monday, trash day – and I haven’t put it out to the street.  Gotta go…

later….

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hooray for #20!! Glad to hear that Teddy is almost back to normal.