A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Another Tuesday

It’s amazing what photo studios can do for a person given enough time and effort.  It is also amazing what 20 years can do TO a person.

Lory, my darling daughter, found these pictures while she was moving.  She posted this on Facebook.  They were taken 20 years ago at Glamour Shots on the occasion of my 50th birthday.  A wonderful birthday gift from my daughters.

glamour

I had a very quiet Sunday and Monday.  I find I can take a 2 hour nap in the afternoon and still sleep well at night.  I hope this is a way of getting over the fatigue caused by the radiation treatments.

Slowly I’ve been moving summer clothes into the closet at the foot of the stairs and getting the winter clothes moved into the wardrobe in my bedroom.

This house is listed as a two bedroom house for tax purposes.  To be a bedroom the room must have a closet and the front room I use for a bedroom has no closet.  I bought a cedar wardrobe a few years ago and it does very well as a portable closet. 

The last time the tax people came by they asked if I had a finished basement.  I told them it is as finished as it will ever be.  It is a stone cellar with pipes and heat ducts overhead.  You should be prepared to duck while walking around down there.

The man who checks my furnace every fall is tall.  He goes downstairs and I stay upstairs.  Soon I hear a loud thunk and then hear “d@#n it”.  The happens at least three times before he is done.

Thanks to my sister who found her picture of the barn I was looking for.   I tried to post it here but it didn’t work.      

DOGS – The battle over who can defecate in my bedroom is still going on.   Teddy won Sunday but Bandit won today.  Bandit gives himself away by barking when he wins.  Thank goodness for paper towels and Natures Miracle.  I might advise you to buy stock in those 2 items.

I have found it is best to let Bandit outside when he decides to do the Bassett 500.  He runs and runs until he is out of breath then runs some more.  He wants company on these runs and Teddy helps a little.  I clap my hands and make pretend starts but can’t keep up with him. 

I am hoping to get another Bassett soon.  He is very small and I’m hoping Bandit will be able to get along with him.   Maybe we will have a 3 way pissing contest….

Later….

No comments: