A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chemo Findings

Looking at the notes I made while on the phone with the doctor yesterday, he said “low dose” so all the info I find may be for “regular dose”. 

Taxol will probably make me infertile - HAHA.  It will probably make my hair fall out and I’ll find out if that doctor who took the cyst off the top of my head several years ago did what I asked him to do.  I asked that he make the scar look like a smiley face.

It may make me sick and have a low red blood cell count.

It may make my finger nails and toe nails fall off or maybe just get sore or maybe just get lines in them.  

I don’t have any toenails – HAHA.  I had them all permanently removed due to severe ingrown toenails.  Actually I think it was reverse evolution, toenails turning back into animal claws.

This all may happen or may not happen.  If it is low dose it may not happen, at least not all of it.  Besides, they have fixes for a lot of it.   Like you can put your fingers in ice water while you get the chemo and that may prevent fingernail damage.

Why don’t drugs have side affects like – may make wrinkles go away; athlete’s foot may disappear; your warts may fall off; your hair may curl.  Oh well. 

That’s enough to know about chemo for now.  Lets go for the one day at a time thing.

By the way, I watched the DVD of disturbia Tuesday evening.  It made me think of a Hitchcock movie, lots of suspense and a few twists, but aimed at the teeny-bopper set.  Still a good movie and it beat all the election results trickling in bit by bit.

 

No comments: