A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Texas

Everybody eating, except me. Excuse the messy bed. I just get it at night when I have to crawl in between dogs. These pictures are in the wrong order but I'm too lazy to fix it. The next one is after Red and Scoobie are done. Scoobie is distracted and Red is checking to see if he left any food for her.

Red gobbling so she can check all the other dishes.
Scoobie eating.
Silly eating daintily.
And last of all, the no name dog in mid gobble. Actually last night I came up with a name that I like the best and I think it will stick. TOTO, as in the Wizard of Oz. Maybe it was the way the wind was blowing that brought it to mind. He doesn't like the wind. He stops in his tracks and looks pitiful if the wind is blowing very hard. He also stops if one of his front feet gets over his leash. We will try Toto for a few days to make sure.
Today I went to the post office and tried to do business with a "postal person" who was on her cell phone having a personal conversation. I filled out a card for General Delivery. I'm afraid I got a little surly with her. My sticker was mailed the 23rd, I stopped at that post office on the 25th and left my name and phone number. They must have sent it back anyway. After 2 visits and a phone call they told me I should fill out a card. Now I will have to stay here another week at least to try to get my sticker.
This isn't a bad place to stay. The WIFI is good and the price is right and there is plenty of room to walk the dogs but there is road noise nearby. It doesn't really bother me much as I have it at home too.
It just started raining, another front coming through. I love to hear it raining on the roof.

No comments: