A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Fbg, TX Friday

A large butterfly flew all the way from Ohio and landed on the curtains in my RV. It's kind of gorgeous there. He is a Christmas butterfly.
I haven't figured out a way to edit pictures on this computer so what you see is what I take. Today I took the public tour of the Combat Zone conducted by my brother-in-law, B0b.
The entrance to the Combat Zone.

Linda does the first part of the tour, she lets the crowd in and takes their tickets, explains the film and starts the film. Bob arrives just in time to start the rest of the tour.


He puts a lot of action into his explanations of the equipment.



That little dark slit is the opening to a Japanese pill box. These were taken out with flame throwers and hand grenades.








A Japanese tank.




This is a WWII hospital operating room equipped with items found in a bank bomb shelter and donated to the museum.





Even down to the radio.
This post is being done in the afternoon as the internet connection is better in the afternoon and I am going out to dinner tonight with Linda, Bob, and some of their RVing friends. Sounds like fun.


No comments: