A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Kerrville, TX

This is Ralph. His name may get changed to Ruff since I'm not overly fond of the name Ralph.

He is an Affenpinscher but is big for that breed. He weighs 20 lbs. He and Scoobie are getting acquainted.
Guess they decided to ignore one another. The Affen rescue lady spent a couple of hours with me and I have time to change my mind about keeping him. She gave me lots of pointers on how to handle Scoobie also. She knows The Dog Whisperer and uses his methods. I really appreciated her pointers.
Of course Ruff got carsick on the way to meet us and again on the way back to the campground. He ate his supper and took a walk with us. He is no problem to walk, that is Scoobie who wants to get out in front and eat pecans and sticks.
This campground is in a working pecan orchard. Since I already have a dishpan full of pecans to crack and pick out I don't need anymore. I did a couple loads of laundry this morning and dumped and took on water.
I stay at Passport campgrounds that offer a day or 2 at half the regular price so I won't be staying any one place very long. Tomorrow I move on.

No comments: