A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Kerrville, TX

The picture is me warming up in the RV with Scoobie this week-end at Fredericksburg Trade Days. Since I refused to pay $45.00 for electricity I was depending on my furnace and propane and the battery. The battery chose to go flat in the middle of the 2nd night which caused a carbon monoxide detector to start beeping very loudly at 2:00 a.m. The generator depends on that battery to start. The solution, start the engine, then the generator, then shut off the engine, then try to get back to sleep. The next day I took the carbon monoxide detector off the wall and cut the wires. I woke at 3:00 a.m. and found the inside of the RV was 36 degrees and the outside was 26 degrees. Once again the routine of getting the generator started. My battery must be pretty weak. As you can see I have a new hat.
It rained off and on all day Friday so I didn't open at all, Sat morning I dumped the ice off the tops of the totes. It looks like broken glass. Needless to say this week-end was a bust. Linda came out to help me both Sat and Sun which gave us a good chance to visit and we both did some window shopping.
Now I am in a very nice campground just a little south of Fredericksburg. I've had a nice hot shower and a nice hot supper and I'm ready for a good peaceful night. (plugged into electricity)
Tomorrow I go to see about a possible 4th dog. I know everyone already thinks I'm nuts to have 3 so I might as well prove it beyond any doubt.
Stay tuned for the rest of that story.


No comments: