A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Texas - near Houston - Thursday

I've had some problems since I last posted on here. My replacement computer quit working and my 1st one got fixed. So I am back to the original one and am very glad I bought a warrenty on the used one I bought. We will see how good the warrenty is on a used computer.

Tuesday morning I went to meet the Affen rescue lady to return her kennel to her (it doesn't fit into my RV very well) and noticed a vet office along the way. I stopped and asked to buy heart worm protection for my new dog. They said they would need to do a heart worm test first until I mentioned the name of the person I got him from. I had accidently stopped at her vet's office. I got the pills and went on to our meeting. I felt that was a "meant to happen" thing.

The campground where I had planned to stay Tuesday night was supposed to be a Passport campground at $11.00/night but they had stopped that and said my book was too old. I got the book in October but apparently Passport sent me an old book and there is a 17th edition out there. I stayed anyway hoping to use their WIFI - then my computer came up with a very long error message and wouldn't come on at all. Part of the message was to check how much space I had on the memory but I couldn't get on to check the memory. The last time I checked it was only 1/2 full and nothing was added after that. So I spent the evening walking dogs, picking burrs off dogs and reading books.

Wed. I picked up my fixed computer in San Antonio and drove all day in the fog and mist to get near Houston. I may not tell exactly where I am for a while as I have people who track me down and send things to remind me that I am getting old. I already know I am getting old.

I checked the settings on my GPS and found I could set it to not go on a "highway". I had not noticed that setting before but thought I would see if it would keep me off the busy thruways. I wasn't in the mood to drive on the thruway and found this setting kept me on the side roads. It was great except the GPS voice kept telling me "a better route is available".

Now I am in a Passport campground that said it had WIFI. They gave me a password for 4 free hours but when that runs out it costs $5/day or $15/week. I will be moving tomorrow.

We have had one success with housebreaking with the new dog. His name is still undecided. I am considering Ruff, Duff, and Spot. The Spot is in honor of a book my friend Eve gave me to read. (The Honk and Holler Opening Soon, by Billie Letts) There is a little black dog in that book named Spot. If anyone has a suggestion, or wants to vote, for a name please let me know.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I vote for Spot 1st, then Duff. Your sis

Unknown said...

Or Shaggy or Blacky. Your sis

Anonymous said...

I think he needs to be named "ugly".

hehehehe

:)

Anonymous said...

Well written article.