A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday – 9/22/2010

My baby sister sent me a link to an explanation about radiation burns.   Apparently the radiation slows down or even stops the skin from replacing itself.  So it is not like a heat burn, it just means the skin is getting thinner. 

So I am thin skinned.  Don’t mess with me.

We got much needed rain this afternoon just as I was leaving for my treatment.  It came in buckets with wind.  It came too fast to run off the streets.  It needs to keep up a nice slow gentle rain all night to help. 

There happened to be an umbrella in the car which kept me fairly dry.  I even remembered to bring it home.   I have been the umbrella distributer in the past, leaving them wherever I went.

I don’t mind being a bit early for my appointments.  I like to chat with the other people who are there waiting for their treatments.  Some in wheel chairs, some who come in an ambulance, some in robes who apparently are in the hospital, and some like me, just coming from home. 

There is a screen on the machine that delivers the radiation.  It shows a pattern of the radiation that I am getting.  It changes if the treatment is for the front or the back.   

The men’s knit long legged underwear is very comfortable.   Men should not get all the comfort.

Reading the ingredients in the gel they gave me yesterday it seems the main ingredient is aloe.  I have several plants of that.  They will finally come in handy.

Later….

1 comment:

Louis said...

I will let more of my patients know about the mens knit underwear. Thanks LK