A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Radiation Treatment # 2

This is going to get boring you know.

I learned today that the treatment is both from the front and the back and detours around my bladder, for which I am grateful.

The tattoos (tiny black dots) on each side of my hips are lined up with a green light that goes all around the room, side to side.  The one on my belly is lined up with a red light that apparently comes from above.  That way they always hit the same spot.

So jump up on this narrow bed, get your feet tied down, pull down you pants, let them line  the tattoos up with the green and red lights and lay still.   Then this big round thing whirs and hums from above, then swings around underneath and whirs and hums again.  Pull up your pants, get your feet untied, go home.

It doesn’t take long but to get from my door to inside the hospital treatment room takes about 45 minutes.   I’m a chronically early person so some people could make that in 30 minutes.   It takes a chunk out of the day.

There are several errands that I have been putting off so I am trying to get them done while I am out.  Today I made an appointment at the drug store to get a flu shot on Thursday after the radiation.  That’s CVS for you.  Walgreen would have given it to me today but they aren’t on my way.

DOGS -  Bandit is either sick or is having trouble adjusting.  He has thrown up the last two nights.  He seems to want on the bed but won’t stay there and I don’t like him jumping down that far after I am asleep.  He seems to like a light on so I leave one on in the bathroom.  Last night I shut him in the bathroom so I wouldn’t have to search for the puddles and throw up all over the house.  Mean Bassett foster mother?  Maybe.   We will keep doing the bathroom at night thing and see if he gets used to it

later….

No comments: