A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Radiation Treatment # 1

They drew a box on the right side of my stomach clear down onto my leg.  Then an x-ray and verification that they had located exactly where they wanted to do the radiation.  Then they did it!  I felt a little heat deep in the bones of my right hip.  It actually felt good.

Next I got 3 tattoos on the 3 spots they had marked with X’s last Friday.   That was it for today.

So I treated myself to a new pair of shoes.  That’s what women do isn’t it?  That also means I need to go through my old shoes and get rid of some.

Took the dogs for a walk around a short block this morning.  Bandit is either a race horse or a very large rock.  If he is sniffing something he considers significant, large rock mode is in effect.  If he wants to get to something else to sniff, race horse mode works.

He got tired even though it is a very short block we walk around.  When we got home he went into puddle mode – flat out on the floor.

He is still having accidents when I am gone.  I think I need to get him a kennel (cage) for when I am gone.  He was kept in a kennel with just two 15 minute outings a day before I got him.   He may have had to go potty on the concrete floor.  I’m hoping we can solve this.  I’m going through a lot of paper towels and Nature’s Miracle.

We’ll see how things go

later….

No comments: