A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Radiation Treatment #4

DOGS -  Bandit out in the yard, sniffing.

2010-09 001

Bandit ran away from having his ears cleaned.  The bathtub seemed a safe place for a while.   Well, maybe not – better get out.

2010-09 002

Dog cage in pieces below.

2010-09 003

Dog cage assembled.  Pretty proud of myself but I worked up quite a sweat getting it together.

2010-09 004

After getting it wiped down and put together I got into it myself.  Teddy joined me for a while.  Bandit waited until later to check it out.  I put a piece of wool blanket inside and he went in and rolled on the blanket.   We may have a solution to where he spends the night.

THINGS - I checked the motion detector lights after dark last night.  They are still not working.  Now to trouble shoot I will check the old bulbs, then go from there.  I suppose the motion detector could have worn out.

PEOPLE – Below is a picture of the radiation room and crew.  It’s pretty easy to tell which one is me.   If you will notice the round darker grey spot above the second from left lady’s head, there is a picture of it below.

2010-09 005

This is how that spot looks from my position when I am on the table.

2010-09 006

Pretty cheerful happy face.  Someone with a sense of humor designed that machine.  There are screws in the eyes so I think it is just a cover for some of the internal parts.

Today was one of those days when I dropped everything, the lid for the vitamins, the toothpaste lid, etc., and didn’t get organized very well.  I missed my appointment for my flu shot as I forgot to put my wallet with my medicare card in my purse.  The shots were from 2:00 to 3:00 and I walked into the house at 3:01.  Too late anyway. 

My Grandmother once said she had dropsy and heart trouble – she wanted to drop into a chair and didn’t have the heart to get up.  Sounds good to me.

Maybe I’ll be more organized….

later….

No comments: