A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Saturday

Just realized while chatting on pogo.com that I retired 13 years ago Sept 30.  Wow.   I’ve enjoyed it very much.  I’ve gotten pretty good at it.

Spent the afternoon at the antique barn yesterday visiting with friends.

Today I got my first Basset!  His name is Bandit and he doesn’t like other Bassets or other big dogs.  So far he has ignored Teddy.  Teddy is very meek and non-threatening.  Kind of looks like I won’t be getting any more Bassets.  You can judge his size by the stove behind him.

2010-09 001  

He is about 9 years old.  We’ve just been home for an hour and he has marked the backyard very well.  He drank a lot of water so he can mark some more.  He wandered into the living room and started to mark there – until I yelled.   Now I have the half door closed so he will stay in the kitchen with me until we establish who owns this house.

2010-09 002

I’m going to have to keep the backyard well mowed so he doesn’t get lost in the grass.  

I think I’m going to need a ramp for him to get in and out of the car.  I had to lift him out when we got home. 

I drove a ways to meet the woman who brought him.  We met in a K-mart parking lot.  She had 5 other Bassets with her.  They had been to a big dog function north of here.  

Poor Bandit was being boarded at a vet’s office until now.   I think he will enjoy the big back yard.

So far this kitchen has been VERY sniffed.  But the dry food I offered has been ignored.  I’ll keep you posted on how things adjust.

Later….

No comments: