A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday 9/23/10 Rad # 9

The radiation count goes up to 20 so get used to it.  Saw the doctor today.  He is reading this blog so I have to be nice.  He commented on yesterday’s post.  

This morning I woke up scratching.  The first thought was bedbugs since they are all over the news around here.  These bumps didn’t look like bites but more like blisters.  My second thought was shingles.

I’ve had an itchy bump on my neck for about a week, then one on my arm, now several on my side.  All on the right side.  So I called my GP doctor and made an appointment.  She worked me in at noontime. 

She gave me a prescription for Valacyclovir hcl 1.  One tablet every 8 hours for a week.  If it is shingles this should help, if it isn’t shingles it won’t hurt.   I started them at 3:00 so I can take one at 11:00 and again at 7:00 in the morning and get a nights sleep.

---Ramble Warning---

You can get shingles if you ever had chicken pox.  I had chicken pox at about age 5.  I remember being tied down in bed at night with socks over my hands to try to keep me from scratching.

My children all had chicken pox when two of them were in school and one still at home.  The one at home had it the worst.  The doctor explained that her exposure was longer than just at school.  She had spots inside her eyelids and down in her ears.  She had shingles a few years ago.

A boy I baby-sat had them and only had about 6 spots but he felt very bad and acted up which he hardly ever did.  

I baby-sat him in exchange for Ballet lessons for my girls.  He was the ballet teacher’s son.  I tricked him and my son into going to ballet one year, they were about 8 or 9 years old.  I told them it was going to be exercise class.  They stayed in that year and performed in the end of the year program but after that they wouldn’t go. 

They were more interested in ice skating and hockey than dancing.   Can’t say I blame them. 

Okay – enough ramble.

Later….

No comments: