A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dog Adjustments

DOGS – Had my first experience with the Basset 500 this morning.  Bandit started racing around the house, grabbed a stuffed snoopy and carried it for a couple of rounds.  He came and offered it to me then grabbed it away and raced off.  He tried to involve Teddy but no luck. 

I was a little worried last night when he wouldn’t go outside for that last trip.  I put the leash on him and then we went out but I don’t think he did anything. 

There was a puddle on the bedroom floor this morning in spite of a 3:00 a.m. outing.  I use Nature’s Miracle to clean up.  It stops the odor – but maybe not from a long  Basset nose.

He is used to a doggy door and when I open the door for him to go out he likes to stick his head out and stand there.  That is not acceptable when the flies and mosquitoes are just waiting. 

A doggy door is not an option as I have a door from the kitchen to the laundry/mud room, then another door and storm door to the outside.  So he will have to adjust.

PEOPLE – Went grocery shopping and to the library today.  Books were due.  I had to renew one that I hadn’t finished reading.  Also picked up ink cartridges for my printer. 

We got a little much needed rain today.   May have to get the lawn mowed again one of these days.  Many lawns are brown.  The green ones are being watered daily. 

Later….

No comments: