A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, September 10, 2010

CAT Scan

Today I went back to the hospital for an appointment for a CAT scan of my pelvis.   This was not the kind of CAT scan that required the IVP that I am allergic to, thank goodness.

My feet and legs were tied down with foam between them so I would hold still.  That’s a good thing as it is hard to hold your legs still when you are laying on your back.  It only took about 15 minutes.

When they got done with that they drew 3 “X’s”  and circled them and covered them with tape.  One on each side and one a bit to the right of  my lower belly.  I am not to wash them off.   They have a laser that will line up on those X’s so they hit the same spot each time with the radiation.  When they are sure the X’s are right they will tattoo the spots, I think.

I also was given appointments each day for the next 4 weeks.   After they are all done I may have smiley faces added to the tattoos.

They are very busy there.   Some of the appointments are at 6:00 p.m.   They had me scheduled for 9:00 p.m. but I objected since I really don’t like to drive at night anymore.  I can do it but I’m just not comfortable.  They changed those late ones for me.  Very nice of them.

The dogs were happy to see me come home.  Bandit did not bark at me this time when I came home.  He has been barking for a long time when I leave or return until today.  I think I detected some doggy “expletives deleted” in those barks.

We are supposed to get rain tomorrow.  I’m beginning to think the weather man is grasping at straws.  Trees are starting to turn color just a bit.  I’ll have to get some pictures.

Later…. 

No comments: