A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Chemo and Bandit’s Urinalysis

My chemo appointment was at 10:30 so that could wait.  The first order of the day was to take a used plastic container with a snap on lid, the creamed cheese size, and get a urine sample from Bandit.

At 6:30, after a no puddles night, I was sure I could get it.  I was in slippers and robe.  It worked well for a very short time.  As soon as he realized I was there he stopped but I thought I had enough.

I started for the house carefully holding my container level – I hadn’t thought to bring the lid.

Everything was fine until I caught the edge of the door jamb with the toe of my right foot.  Slooowly I went down to my right knee, then my right elbow, then my butt.

I probably could have caught my balance if I hadn’t been determined to keep that plastic container level. 

Not a drop was spilled.  Cussing, then laughing didn’t help me get up so I sat there a moment thinking how this would make a good comedy routine.  Maybe I could sell the idea to Tim Conway.

By 8:30 the sample was at the vet’s.  To make a long story short, Bandit has an infection.  I picked up the pills this afternoon.  He is to have 2 pills every 12 hours.  He gobbles them down when I put them inside hollowed out pieces of hotdog.  Of course, Teddy also has to have tiny pieces of hotdog too.

I had 2 mashed boiled eggs for breakfast, took my shower, mailed some packages, and made it to my appointment 10 minutes early.  My blood was good and I got my chemo on schedule. 

My next stop was Barnes & Noble to talk to them about their different models of the Nook. 

There is a new one coming out next week that they say is simpler to operate.  I put my name down for one but I’m not obligated to buy it.  It’s black & white touch screen.  It can surf the web and download books from Barnes & Noble or the library if WIFI is available.  It’s a bit smaller than the others and the battery life is longer.  We will see.

Later…. 

 

 

No comments: