A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother’s Day + One

While I was writing yesterdays blog John was mowing the lawn and Lory was outside.  She had told me to stay inside so I did.

When she came to get me to come outside I was wary of what she might have done. 

Background info:  last fall when my granddaughter moved she couldn’t take all her furniture and boxes so they were stored under my carport.  The carport is actually kind of a patio with a picnic table.  The picnic table had not been seen all winter.

When I went outside the carport/patio was all cleaned off and a plastic table cloth was on the picnic table with clips holding it down.  WOW!

Where did all that stuff go?  I’m afraid to look in the garage.

Went for chemo this morning then stopped at Home Depot and bought 2 tomato plants.  I planted one in a large pot.  I have a 5 gallon plastic bucket that I have cut holes in the bottom.  I will pick up some good dirt to put in it for the other plant.

I bought heritage plants, not hybrid.  The seeds from these tomatoes should grow into a duplicate of the plants.  You can also take a branch from a tomato plant and put it in water and it will grow roots.

This has been a beautiful sunny day, I got my hands in the dirt – that’s about as good as it gets.

I want to refer you to my brother-in-law’s blog.  When her son-in-law posts something like this you know she was a good person.  http://www.because-we-can.net/Because_We_Can/Journals/journal.html

later….

 

No comments: