A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Tricking the Weather

Can washing your car make it rain? 

Can hanging rugs on the clothes line, hoping the rain will wash them, make it stop raining?  It’s worth a try.

Actually I don’t think you can fool Mother Nature.

I spent about 15 minutes in the cellar the other night because of storms and sirens warning of tornadoes.  I escaped with no damage but many people had their property or cars damaged by hail and wind.

There was tornado damage south of here and some northeast also.

My damage is coming from a dog that has forgotten he is housebroken.  This dog is rather short and very long.  Even outside he has decided the patio is his bathroom.   He will be spending a lot of time in his kennel.

He and I had a staring contest after the last puddle.  I met a dog trainer who had never heard of that.  If  a dog looks you right in the eyes you have to be the last one to look away.  It’s a dominance thing.

Then a little later he tried to keep little Teddy from coming into the house so we had another run in.  Maybe it’s the pecking order of things.

Right now he is confined to the kitchen and the mud room.  He can hold it all night in his kennel so there is no excuse for him.  I let him out and in at least 6 times a day.

My favorite Aunt Ellen’s services were yesterday and I’ve had 2 phone calls giving the details.  It sounds like it was a very nice service.  She never drove a car but never lacked a ride, people lined up to take her wherever she needed to go. 

Later….

 

 

 

No comments: