A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Nook Learning Curve

Lucky me, I have people helping out all the time.  John mowed my lawn last night even though the grass was still wet.

I continue to play with the Nook a bit each day.  I had to drive to Barnes and Noble to learn that the cable for the charger also works as a connection between the computer and the Nook.

They also informed me that books have to be downloaded to the computer then transferred to the Nook.

I have downloaded software and tried to get a library book but couldn’t find it on the computer.

The next move is a trip to the library in the hope that someone there can explain why I can’t find the book I tried to download.  Also someone to tell me how to move it from the computer to the Nook.

Today about noontime I was slopping around in my nightshirt and a pair of corduroys when I got company.  Lesson learned – get dressed in the morning.  No real problem as old friends don’t mind that stuff.

The group of dealers at the antique barn are setting up at a citywide garage sale on Sat.  It will be fun.  The weather is supposed to be nice, in the 70’s. 

Lory is selling some of her things and has been helping get my stuff ready also.

Friday evening Lory and John and I are going to take the stuff over and get ready for Sat. 

I probably won’t stay all day, maybe take a break in the middle.   I’ll be tired plus the dogs aren’t used to be left all day.

later….

No comments: