A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother’s Day

Since I really don’t need anything my kids did work for me for Mother’s Day. 

Susan, Tim & Willie cleaned out the weeds from the area at the front of the house and put away stuff on the front porch, like the snow shovel. 

They arranged rocks and bowling balls and sea shells.  Tim hung up a wind chime that had been down for a year.

As I write this Lory and John are mowing my back lawn.  They also brought me chocolate which is always welcome.  Lory gave me a hand made card.

It doesn’t get much better than that.

But then the memories start to intrude.  Sixteen years ago my Mother slipped away the night after Mother’s day.   She had been in a nursing home for 6 weeks after breaking her hip.

I guess when you get old there are always memories, good and bad, that can intrude.  I just have to look at the good ones and push the bad ones out.

later….

No comments: