A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Suddenly Summer

There has been a strange light in the sky the last 3 days.  It is ominously quiet.  I look out the window and there is no rain.  We are having a 3 day draught.  It’s been in the 80’s.

It should be over this afternoon.

I went shopping on the internet yesterday.  I ordered a Nook ereader.  First I called the local library and they explained that I can go to their website and download books onto a Nook or a Sony reader. 

They said they did not support the Kindle, it just works with Amazon.

Then I checked out both Sony and Nook readers and decided I wanted the one with the most gadgets.  So I ordered a refurbished Nook from Barnes & Noble.

I have bought refurbished items before and never had a problem.  It’s a little bit of savings.  Sometimes it is just a cable that got left out of the package.  I figure it just got an extra inspection.

When I go to the library I sneeze and my eyes water.  Something about all those books in one place gets me. 

My hair continues to fall out.  It grows a bit then falls out again except for the very top which still grows.  I have some nausea the day after chemo so I take a pill for that. 

I’m taking my blood pressure every day and writing it down.  It varies widely.  Today I go have them take it at the doctors office. 

My tomato plants seem to have grown overnight.  I’ll enjoy watching them on the back deck.

later….

 

No comments: