A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, May 23, 2011

A Safe Place, Chemo, and Aunt Ellen

We had a thunder storm in the night which means Bandit spent the night in his safe place, the bathtub. 
I got him outside and back in.  It seemed that the storms had passed.  I got in the shower since my doctor appointment was at 9:30.  It wasn’t long until I had company.  It must have thundered again.
I told him it was raining in here, too, but he didn’t seem to mind.  After all it was warm water.  So I showered with a dog.  He got a bath, too.  He’s been needing a bath.
2011-05 001
I dried me first which seemed like a good idea.  It’s good to start the day off with a belly laugh.
Chemo was normal.  The doctor said my blood markers were stable which is good.
The last of her generation, my Aunt Ellen, passed away yesterday.  She was 102 years old, her 103rd birthday would have been next month.
Aunt Ellen
This picture was taken on her 100th birthday.  We love you Aunt Ellen, rest in peace.
later….

2 comments:

Lory said...

my mothers favorite aunt passed away... another generation gone... what will I feel when my favorite aunt passes away?...and WHO is my favorite Aunt anyway

Lory said...

do we need to go to Athens this week...I am off thursday and friday???