A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wednesday Shopping

Pushed the energy level today to go do some shopping.  The list has been growing for several days.  Of course, it was very cold but it felt good to get out of the house and do something.  I got gift cards for most of the Christmas gifts I will give.  Just need one more that hasn’t been found yet.

I also picked up the laptop computer at the shop.  There was nothing wrong with it.  No charge.  

I give up.  It quit on me and wouldn’t come back on the next day.  Maybe the plug wasn’t in good and the battery ran down but it usually gives a warning before it does that.  All’s well and end well.  Now the old desk top computer can get a rest.

I took a nap when I got home.

I have been getting “comments” on old blogs, the comments do not publish.  Apparently this is a new way of getting ads to people.  I suppose there is a way to block them but it isn’t worth the trouble. 

Some of them are funny, some in French.  The French one I translated by going to a Google translation site.  It just said something about having great knowledge.  I’m sure I am supposed to try to find out what that is.

Short Ramble Warning -

Got a call from my brother today about a website he was interested in.  It has a film of how they harvested ice in 1919.  I watched it and it is interesting.  I never knew how they did that.

Of course the video is in black and white and there is no sound.

www.farmcollector.com is the website.  They have other videos on youtube.  Back then there wasn’t  TV or all the distractions we have today.  They worked hard and probably were ready for bed at dark. 

I guess I’m glad we have all the stuff we have today.

later….

 

No comments: