A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Monday and Tuesday

Monday evening - Promptly at 12:00 midnight Sunday night, my La Crosse Technology sonic clock changed from p.m. to a.m. so the verdict is in – 12:00 midnight is 12:00 a.m.

Yes, I was up at midnight Sunday night.  I drowsed for 4 or so hours that night. 

Susan took me to my chemo appointment.  She stayed to hear what the doctor had to say.  There was not a lot of encouraging news.  There will be a scan in January to see how the chemo is working after taking 2 three week rounds of it. 

There are several options – it could have stopped the tumors from growing, it could have reduced the tumors size, it could have eliminated the tumors.  Or it could have done nothing to stop the spread of the tumors in the liver. 

We just won’t know until the scan is done.

I got a prescription for a wig.  I will call and ask if my insurance will cover most of the cost.  Maybe a professional one won’t be so scratchy and uncomfortable on my head.

I received Zometa and Taxol today.  I slept through most of the chemo.  I get all slack jawed and zombie looking when I sleep.  Sorry for the observers of that.

Tuesday – I took tylenol p.m. at bedtime and slept until 3:00 a.m. then woke up wide awake.  Got up and read for a while, then fell back asleep until 9:00 a.m.  I think I’m getting enough sleep.

Just called the shop that provides things for us women cancer patients and asked about wigs. 

The lady tells me that Medicare won’t pay anything for wigs.  Must be that since bald men are accepted so bald women are okay, too.   She will call my supplement insurance to see if they will pay anything.  She will call me back.

I have gotten dressed early because my new bathtub is supposed to be delivered today.  They may just leave it on the front porch until they come to install it. 

This is a hill billy sort of town so that will be cool to have a bathtub on the front porch, even for just a day.  I may have to get a picture of that.

I feel pretty drugged this morning – DUH.  Doing some laundry and the usual Tuesday stuff.

Stay tuned….

Later….

 

 

 

No comments: