A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Falling Things

Things are falling here, things like snow, things like hair.  It started this morning.  If I run my hands thru my hair I get 20 or 30 hairs.  The biggest surprise was that a couple of those hairs were brown.

The snow is also falling, slowly, not really a storm at all, but it has added up to 3 or 4 inches anyway. 

Last night my laptop died suddenly.  I am doing this on the old desk top computer.  Today I took the laptop to the Dr., the PC Dr whose office is just a few doors from my house. 

He said it would be Monday before I heard the extent of the damage.  Then he asked why I was still in town since I usually go away this time of year.  I told him I was tied to doctors this winter.  We chatted about the neighborhood and the weather and the fire that happened a few months ago in the restaurant next door to his store.  His area was also damaged so he was closed for a couple of months.

Tomorrow I plan to get a buzz and get this hair thing over with.  If it had started on top I could have worn a hat to cover that part but it started along my neck and around my ears.  So that plan won't work.  I will just be happy if my scalp stops tingling.

Tomorrow is another steroid day.  The dose will be reduced again.  Maybe I'll be able to sleep more.  Hope springs eternal.

later....

No comments: