A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Chemo Day and Another Dog?

Today was chemo day.  I spent most of the time there chatting with the other patients. 

One woman’s husband had worked at the same place I had.  When he called she handed me the phone.  We chatted about old times and agreed to connect on facebook.

She was being treated for some sort of myoloma.  She explained how she had been able to use her own bone marrow for a transplant.  That was amazing to me.  They took it out and then were able to separate the bad cells from the good ones.

My blood tests were all high.  That shot they gave me really hepped up my bone marrow. 

Lory took me and brought me home.  She did some shopping while I got drugs.

When I got home I made a few phone calls and ate some of a small pork roast I had put in the crock pot this morning.  Very tasty and tender.  My sense of taste isn’t as good as it once was but I eat anyway. 

Had some burps on the way home but ignored them.

A friend of mine brought me a cake for Christmas.  It was a very cute little dog with footprints around the plate.

2010-12 003

I listened carefully and am sure I heard him say “bite me” so I did, in the rear.

2010-12 004

So the “another dog” will not be around long as I have a sweet tooth.  This may be the best kind of dog to have.

I know I will sleep well tonight as I only dozed last night, 1:30 to 4:00 a.m.

Tomorrow I plan to do some shopping – that dang food thing again for both me and the beasts I live with. 

later….

 

1 comment:

CI said...

That is the coolest cake I've ever seen! Hope it tasted as good as it looked :-)