A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday, Chemo Day #3

Today 2 of my friends and I went to lunch, then they dropped me at the Dr's office for my chemo.  Now one more person knows where I go and how to pick me up if I need them.  Friends are WONDERFUL.

I think I have found the limit of the reduction I can do on the steroids the day before chemo.  Today I burped a few times during chemo and that can be a precurser to upchucks.  Maybe even step it back up by 4 mgs.

Several of the other women there were chatting and we shared stories.  One young woman with lung cancer was particularly troubled.  This was her first chemo so some advise was shared.  We shared the reactions we both get to the steroids the day before.  Apparently that is standard issue. 

Lory picked me up and brought me home.  Getting home I had to be careful walking, a bit unsteady on my feet.  So I guess that solves the question of whether I should drive myself to and from chemo.  Bummer.  Next Monday is a week off from chemo, I just need to go for blood tests.  I CAN drive myself for that. 

Now for the projects of last night. The tote with a mixture of tools took a while and had to be done on my knees on the hard floor so I took it in small doses.

The before picture -

 The after picture - doesn't look like much difference but it really is much more organized.  There were pieces of metal that I had no idea what they could be used for so I threw them away.
 The really hard part was the string mess.  At least this could be done at the counter sitting in a comfortable bar stool.  Before -
 After - I found the plastic part in the bottom of the tote.  I think this is a thing to make a straight line, maybe in a garden to make long rows.  There is probably a second piece for the other end of the line but it was not found.  If anyone has other suggestions for its use, let me know.

That mess of string almost defeated me.  I got out the scissors and showed them to the tangles.  They immediately were solved - so I kept going.  By midnight I was still involved with knots and forgot to look at the sonic clock to see whether it said a.m. or p.m. at 12:00.  There will be other times to check that, if I remember.
So if I get my vegtable garden area tilled and if some one wants to help with a garden next spring and if we want straight rows, this tool may come in handy.  At least I know where to find it now.

Now for a quiet evening and maybe some sleep tonight.  One of the nausea medicines makes me sleepy so it may get used tonight.

Later....

No comments: