A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, December 3, 2007

Texas here we are.

There won't be any pictures here as I am using a "borrowed" wireless connection. It is borrowed from the nearby Holiday Inn. I can't send emails but I can read them and it is too slow for uploading pictures.

First of all, I didn't find any diamonds but I did find some pretty rocks and some tiny clear crystals. The first day I saved some rocks and then left them on my picnic table the next day to go look for more - when I came back they were gone. I do have a picture of them but that is all. With all the rocks in the world why would someone want to take mine?

Red and Silly are seasoned travelers but Scooby is new to this kind of life. The first day he barked and growled at the windshield wipers, then at cows in a field, then he went to find the only spot on the floor not protected by plastic runners and threw up. He is getting better at the traveling thing. He likes the front passenger seat, so does Red. If Scooby is standing up in the seat Red sneaks under him and lays down so he has to leave. He is learning to sit down so she can't get under him, he stands up - then looks around quickly and sits back down. I have plenty of entertainment on the road.

Last Friday I was on the road from Arkansas to Texas when I remembered that Canton Texas has a Trade Days on the week-end before the first Monday each month, so I headed there and set up. I was there one week-end last year and didn't sell much so I wasn't surprised when I didn't sell much this time either.

Now I am in Winnie, TX in their Trade Days grounds at their campground waiting to see if they can find me for a site to set up next week-end. Their Trade Days are the week-end AFTER the first Monday of the month. If they can't find me a spot to park the RV and sell from that site they will let me stay here and set up just across the street from where I am parked now. They remembered me from last year when my dear daughters arranged a birthday surprise for me.

It is now 55 degrees at 6:45 p.m. All 3 dogs are napping. I can get only 1 TV channel without the antenna up, it is a Spanish speaking channel. Maybe I'll try putting the antenna up.

No comments: