A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Fredericksburg, TX

Dog logic: If we walk on her and lick her enough she will get up, take us for a walk, feed us, and then WE get the bed.


Monday and Tuesday night I stayed behind the museum where Linda & Bob are volunteering. It was a tight squeeze getting thru the gate backwards and leaving room for vehicles to get between my RV and the building but I had a lot of advice - such as "back up 6 inches and turn the wheel to the left." We only tripped the circuit breaker once. I was invited to eat dinner with them both nights. Yaaaah. Wed. I moved to the Trade Days grounds. The weather was terrible. It rained off and on all day Friday. Twice I uncovered stuff and had to cover it again. I pulled out my new awning but there was a mist that blew in under the awning. So then things were wet even under the awning and had to be dried before they could be covered again. Then Sat. the wind blew all day at 30 to 40 MPH. I was up at 6:00 a.m. pulling in the awning. A lovely lady nearby helped me get it down (I gave her a decorated denim shirt). I wasn't really awake and had trouble remembering how to do it. With the awning out this RV is kind of like a plane with only one wing, it feels like it is trying to take off. It even blew over my clothing rack.
On Sunday the weather was chilly but no rain and no wind, just a chilly breeze now and then. Sales were a bust but watching was fun. Plus Linda joined me Sunday which let each of us run around a little. I found a pair of alpaca gloves which are wonderfully light and warm. There was a freeze Sat. and Sun. nights but it will warm up this week.


This fellow won't be cold.

My dogs got really excited every time the mule came by with the shuttle. The mule was wearing Christmas bells and sounded nice.




A looker - not a buyer.




Now I am parked at this RV park near a pecan tree. I picked up a lot of pecans off the ground. The wind over the week-end probably brought them down. I'll be here a month. Linda and Bob work Thursday, Friday, and Saturday each week so we will plan things to do on their days off. Linda and I are comparing our genealogy stuff.
It sounds like I sold more at the Butter Street Barn than I did on the road in December.

No comments: