A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007



The internet reception in the RV has been really bad for a couple of days. I think everyone is bored and spends all their time on the internet, plus the wind is blowing. I am now sitting in the recreation room where the WIFI connection originates so I can get on and do this post. I have a couple other pictures but it keeps telling me that page is not available - after I've waited a few minutes - so those pictures can wait until the connection improves.

We had a great Christmas dinner at Linda & Bob's and then opened presents. Then I had a personal tour of the Combat Zone part of the museum. It wasn't open so we had the place to ourselves. Conducting the tours on Thurs, Fri, & Sat. is what Linda and Bob do for their volunteering. For that they get free space to park and learn a lot of interesting information so they can answer questions. A tour becomes special when there is a WWII veteran in the group. They have a lot of original items from the Pacific theater of the war from both the Japanese and American sides. A rare, original PT boat is one of the most interesting items. I learned a lot that I didn't know before. The outside part is set up like a beach with bamboo or cane growing all around and sand spread out. It's a little eerie to peek thru the growth and see the tiny opening of a pill box. You feel like you are "there".

Today I cleaned house, much to the dog's dismay. They get tied outside while the work goes on as they are no help at all. I have to be careful to tie Scoobie where there are no pecans on the ground as he crunches them up and eats them, even some of the shell, which can't be good for him. I have been cracking and picking out some pecans, they are really tasty.

This afternoon Linda and Bob are coming over to try to fix a couple of things on my RV, like the pull out for the battery. Also try to figure out why my fresh water tank thinks it is full when it isn't.
While here in the rec room a nice lady and I chatted and she turned out to be the recreation director. She has suggested that I bring my denim shirts and jackets up here to the rec room tomorrow at 10:00 to see if anyone here is interested. Sounds like a good plan to me. I'll let you know.

No comments: