A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, February 16, 2007

February 16, 2007
















Location is back at Crystal Beach on the Bolivar Penensula which is not on the GPS system. I have found that a lot of the Texas Gulf coast is not on my GPS. There are always maps, the old fashioned paper kind as well as the internet kind. This campground, Bolivar RV park, advertised free WIFI. I was here for 3 days last week and the WIFI was free. This week there are too many people on their system so I have paid to use it for a week. I smiled and thought - I'll tell on you.
The pictures are self explanatory. The first one is this campground's Mardi Gras decorations blowing in the 33 degree wind (up from 28 in Beaumont). Somehow I can't get in the party mood yet. I dress in layers, about 5 or 6 layers. It is supposed to get up to 60 today. That sounds good, I will peal some layers off. I always feel warmer when people send me pictures of snow in Vermont and Ohio. Thanks guys.
The other pictures are where I was earlier in the week getting my repairs done. And the plant I mentioned. It lives on air. Do you suppose the air in my bathroom shower has enough "nutrients" in it? Let's hope so.










1 comment:

Susan :) said...

Hey Mom: Dayton Tires-- funny!

Today it was -21 degrees when you factor in the wind chill. My son went to school 1 1/2 days this week.

I stopped at your house today for the first time since the snow and ice. I had fun in my truck making tracks as if someone was actually coming and going from there regularly. hehehehe. I managed not to get stuck too bad. ;)

I have a 2 1/2 foot snow drift on my back patio that is covered in ice. Willie was trying to break it down with a claw hammer so that I could get to the grill to make dinner (yes we grill year round :)) He was not able to get through the ice.

Yes... 60 degrees sounds great.

We all love and miss you.

Susan