A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

February 12/13, 2007

Since I can't seem to upload pictures right now I will just make this short. (Pictures were of repair shops and Walmart anyway.)

Monday = oil change, front end alignment, 1 new shock absorber, 2 new tires (got a red carnation when I left). Walmart for the night. Big storm, window leaked, wet bed clothes, bad humor.

Tuesday= Useless efforts to find someone to figure out why the right rear turn signal blows fuses all the time. The fuse that it blows is the wrong fuse, one that it shouldn't even be using. I had an offer to fix it if I could drop it off for a week or 2.

Now I am at a campground near Beaumont and a repairman is supposed to stop by and see if he can figure out the fuse problem. I did use their laundry and dump station and filled up with water. When I checked in it was interesting. I had called to be sure they had an opening for a Passport America customer (a 1/2 price club I belong to) and they said yes. I pulled in a few minutes later and they said I needed a reservation to use my Passport membership. So I asked for a reservation which really irritated the clerk. I could have gone back out to the RV and called again to make the reservation but I saw no point in that. The clerk said all Passport campgrounds were insisting on reservations for members. I didn't argue with her. I have stayed at 6 or 7 Passport campgrounds and have not made reservations at any of them.

Now the bedclothes have been dried, the window caulked (black window gasket caulked with white caulk) and I am thinking about something good for supper. I'm glad to escape the level 3 snow emergency back in Ohio.

No comments: