A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Couple of Miserable Days

Two days this week I laid on the couch with a heating pad on my chest.  I had pleurisy.  Yuck.

I have very specific instructions about when to call the Dr.  A fever over 101.4 is one of the major rules.  In the afternoons I got to 100.4 but then it would edge down to 99 before bedtime. 

So I didn’t call anyone, just used the old fashioned cure and it seems to have worked.

I’m still not back to my normal but I am eating today, regular food, not chicken soup. 

The dogs were very patient with me.  I have found if I cover Bandit up with a light throw he is very happy.  He didn’t even get up when Lory and John stopped by.

We did have enough snow to cover the grass and put a cap on one of my bowling balls.  I get colorful bowling balls at thrift stores and put them around the yard as gazing balls.  The snow had melted by noon the next day.

There were a lot of accidents and some black ice.  I’m grateful I have a warm house and don’t need to go out if the weather is bad. 

Planning to feel a bit better each day.

later….

 

No comments: