A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Busy Friday, Relaxing Saturday

Got a lot done Friday, groceries, bank, drug store, and barn. 

The barn looked wonderful with all the Christmas decorations etc.  Last Sunday was a house tour for the local town.  Only four houses signed up for people to come into their homes so they let a veterans museum and us (10 antique dealers in a barn) be part of the tour.

We are hoping we get a lot of new customers, people who normally wouldn’t notice us, and maybe they will spread the word about us. 

There are rumors that my oldest granddaughter is planning to elope in Jan.  Is it still eloping if you invite everyone to come along? 

I lost some weight with that cold I had last week so I am working at gaining it back.  So far I’m making headway on it.  Cooked a small pork roast in the slow cooker today.  The smell drove the dogs nuts all day.  Tough tootie, dogs, that’s people food.

Somehow Bandit got out of his diaper last night.  I must have slept like a tornado as the alarm button on my wrist went off three times.  I refuse to jump out of bed a 3:00 a.m. and run to the kitchen (actually quickly shuffle) to turn it off before it calls.  So every time I told them I was okay.

They should have a cancel button right beside the alarm button on my wrist.  The last time it went off was 6:00 so I just stayed up.  It scares the dogs out of their wits as the voice from it is quite loud and sounds like a person is in the kitchen. 

I am to test it once a month so I marked the calendar for a month from now.

All I did today was scrape the old stickers off my license plate and put the new one on.  I also removed the paper plate and put the regular plate on the back of the car.  Since it was below freezing outside I didn’t go for the front plate.  Don’t know why we need a front plate anyway.  I’ll put it on when it is warmer, like in the 40’s maybe.

later….

 

No comments: