A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Lazy Me

I haven’t been very good at blogging lately.  No good reason except the same old stuff is still the same old stuff. 

Tuesdays I go down the street and get blood drawn.  I try to combine that with other trips.  I got groceries this week and did laundry.  We haven’t seen any snow that sticks as the ground is still not frozen.  We have had some ice on bridges.

My PET scan was yesterday and my appointment to hear about the results is next year ( next Wed.).

I started the next round of Xeloda pills tonight in spite of having diarrhea for several days.  (Buy stock in toilet paper.)  I am on the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast) even though I don’t have bananas just now.

The diarrhea is a possible side effect of Xeloda which hasn’t shown it’s ugly head until now.

Luckily I had bought a frozen packet of rice so it was quick to fix and very tasty.  I’ll cook some of my own rice when the packet runs out. 

Bandit continues to wear diapers at night.  Periodically he pees in the mud room.  He likes the door open to that room even though it makes a cold draft. 

I trimmed his front toenails today by myself.  He really didn’t seem to mind very much except when I had trouble squeezing the cutter.  His nails are huge and hard to cut plus they are black so I am guessing where the vein is.  I think one bled a little but he wouldn’t let me look at it.

Teddy immediately ran and hid when he saw what I was doing.  He doesn’t mind being brushed and combed but toenails are a different story.

The Christmas items in my booth will be marked down to half off for a couple of week-ends and then they will go back in the attic.

I am enjoying playing Words With Friends on Facebook.  Scrabble is a good game to keep your mind alert.  I mostly lose but that’s okay.  Once in a while I get a really good word.

later….

 

No comments: