A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

Nativity2

Wishing everyone a blessed Christmas.

I enjoyed seeing my family Friday night.  We had a wonderful meal and secrets were being whispered around the room. 

The first gift I received was from Lory & John.  It was a glass canning jar with a Monarch butterfly in it.  It was fluttering around and moving it’s wings like a real one.  It is actually a fake butterfly on a tiny wire and it moves when the jar is disturbed or you tap the top.  Amazing.  A new pet that I don’t have to feed.

I also got lots of nice soft fluffy socks and a huge box of rice crispy treats with encouraging messages written on each of the 40 treats inside the box.

Also a couple of sweat suits for warmth and comfort. 

  And I mustn’t forget the Christmas pin and earrings and the fingerless gloves for my sore hands and the two whistles for my whistle collection.

There was one gift with some assembly required – a remote starter for my car.  If I leave the heat on and aim it at the windshield I can start the car from inside the house and the windshield will be cleared of frost before I go out.  I plan to get it installed this next week.

Everyone was happy with their green pieces of paper in the envelopes I gave them. 

Lory and John took me since I don’t drive the thruway at night anymore.  It was nice to be a passenger and see all the lights. 

I am so grateful for my family and friends who are there for me. 

A phone call from my sister in New Mexico where they are getting snow and 20 degree temps was very nice.  Their home on wheels wasn’t meant to endure those temperatures but they are coping very well.  

I’ll eventually get pictures.

later….

No comments: