A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Walking between raindrops

Rainy day with thunder storms.

Actually made it to the hospital for the PET/CT scan and then to the doctor’s office for blood work and then home without getting wet. 

The parking area for the scans is around back by the dumpsters and loading dock.  You still need a parking pass to park there.  I saved mine from last Oct. when I was getting radiation every day.

No breakfast before the scans so I carried along a large chocolate bar for afterward.  Also there are always snacks at the doctor’s office so I took advantage of them.  Juice and crackers hit the spot.

The parking garage at the doctor’s office has five levels and I drove to the top, then back down to level two before I found a parking spot. 

That one spot reserved for “employee of the month” had better use their spot, I almost used it.

One thing about going to the doctor once a week, I’m about over my fear of parking garages.  I no longer chant “I hate this – I hate this” as I drive around looking for a spot.

The blood work was good so I didn’t need a booster shot.  The office was full, the waiting room was full.  Monday morning must be a popular time.

2011-04 001

When the dogs were at the vet’s office they were given sunflower squeaky toys.  This one got carried outside.  When I tried to get Teddy to bring it back inside he refused.  In fact he ran back outside with it twice.  I brought it in last night to avoid the predicted rain.

He loves to squeak them while I am on the phone, or if I’m giving attention to Bandit. 

Lory and John brought back the RV yesterday.  It looks brand new from their cleaning.  The door that was hard to open now opens very easily.  The only problem left is the generator that won’t start.  We put a can dry gas in the gas tank and added some gas.  At the present prices I’m not willing to fill the tank.  I’ll give the generator one more try, when it stops raining, before I take it to the repair shop.

Later….

 

No comments: