A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

More Rain

There was actually a little sun this afternoon for a change.  The first thunder storm came at 4:00 a.m. and it woke me up.  I usually sleep thru it.  The second one came later in the morning.  Bandit spent the night in the bathtub. 

I didn’t even get dressed until noon.  I have errands to run but it’s hard to get in the mood when it keeps raining. 

Both my kids stopped by on their way home from their work which was a nice surprise.  It made me glad I had gotten dressed. 

I’m still choking and snorting.  I’ve been trying to wash my sinuses out.  A friend told me about it.  You put some water in something that you can squirt up your nose.  They sell something called a netty pot at the drug store.  I have been using an old plastic honey bear container. 

You stand over the sink and tip your head forward and to one side.  Then squirt the water up the high side of your nose.  Keep your mouth open and keep breathing.  It should come out the other side of your nose.  It does seem to help get that drainage over with for a while.

I think the last time I looked it’s supposed to be nice on Friday. 

later….

 

No comments: