A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Another Week Off

After a phone conversation with my doctor I am taking another week off from chemotherapy.  I still go for my appointment tomorrow to discuss how we move forward.

Due to side affects from taxol, the drug will be different in the future.  I can always go back to the taxol if I need to. 

The scans were best described as “stable” since January.

Today spring has sprung with a vengeance.  It is in the 70’s outside, windows are open, my nose is running, my eyes are itchy. 

This area has been named the 7th in the nation for spring allergies.  We scored number 1 for fall allergies.

Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy with possible thunder storms.  Goody goody.

Dog Ramble Warning.

I give up on figuring out dogs.  I know, I thought I had it but NO.  Bandit has refused to get into his cage at night lately.  He goes in during the day.  Maybe he doesn’t like the door closed. 

He doesn’t get the smelly chewy treat at night when he doesn’t go in.  When Teddy goes in he gets his treat but if Bandit is not in his cage Teddy’s door is left open so he can come out also.  At least there has been no puddle in the morning when they are left out of the cages.

I spent  a lot of time today trimming a bunch of hair off Teddy.  He is like a long haired cat, he gets knots and mats in his fur.  I hate to even send him to the groomer like that. 

I also used a “furminator” on Bandit.  When I first got Bandit the Ohio Bassett Rescue said I should get one so I did.  It works very well pulling loose fur off him.  It has tiny short teeth.

I don’t think he had ever been brushed before as he panicked when I first tried to use anything on him.  So I used the back of it to stroke him several times and praised him greatly for his patience with it.  After a few days of that I was able to use the side with teeth.  It must feel good  as he leans into it, especially in the area near the base of his tail. 

later….

 

 

 

No comments: