A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

This Old House

Last night I was sitting here in the kitchen at the counter where I eat and use the computer when there was a loud popping noise from the electrical outlet I use for the computer and the phone. 

I unplugged the computer and found an extension cord so I could plug the phone into a different wall outlet.

There were two more noises from the outlet before I got things arranged so I could keep the phone plugged in. 

I found a screw driver and took the outlet out of the wall.  There was no odor of hot wires and no evidence of burning behind the outlet.  I also checked the circuit breaker box in the basement and nothing was wrong there.

This morning I called an electrician, they came this afternoon.  They replaced the box behind the outlet.  The part you actually plug into was scorched.  It still had a price tag stuck on it, .95 cents from the local hardware store.   The service call cost $95.00. 

Also this afternoon the plumber came and brought a couple of grab bars for the bathtub.  He figured out how they can be secured but didn’t have time to install them today.   So I have grab bars, just not where they need to be.

This poor old house always seems to need something.   So does this old lady. 

The dogs were thrilled with the company of repairmen coming and going.  They get pretty bored with just me around.

The weather is beautiful today, sunny and warm.  YEAH!

later….

 

 

 

No comments: