A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, April 18, 2011

KIDS! SHEESH!

If you check the comment on yesterday’s post it will explain today’s post. 

One of my daughters did the wallboard and spackling, the other did the painting and wood work.  I didn’t properly credit each child for their efforts. 

I am very proud of both my girls.  I like a woman who can handle tools.

2011-04 001

Along the side of the tub was probably the most difficult place to get the quarter round to look right.  The tub had to be shimmed a lot to make it drain properly in this old house.  So the gap was not straight or even.  Extra large quarter round and lots of caulking was used.

2011-04 002

This trim was a beautiful wood  color but had to be painted white to match all the other woodwork.  It was out of John’s garage stash.  Thanks again, John.

2011-04 003

When I turned on the camera to take these pictures the battery was flat.  Usually when I change the battery I have to reset the date.  This time it held the date which was a nice surprise.

Today’s chemo went well.  This new drug takes about a half hour/45 minutes less time.  I do get some steroids IV before the chemo.  That is to keep me from barfing on their stuff. 

I felt pretty energized when I got home so I took the dogs for a walk over to the post office.   It’s about a block away. 

Bandit got tired half way back so he pretended there were some very interesting smells along the way so he could catch his breath.  On the way over he dragged me.  I didn’t object to the break he took.

Tried to get Teddy to stand on his back legs for a picture but it didn’t work out.  Dogs eyes are supposed to look like that so don’t worry.

2011-04 004

Maybe I’ll get him begging….

Later….

1 comment:

Lory said...

THANKS...Mom. Stay dry. Your yard is next on the list...if it ever dries up. LOVE YOU