A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Rainy Monday

Blood check was good today at the doctor’s office.  My sinuses decided to drain so I had a choking/coughing fit while I was there.  The nurse asked the doctor if they should prescribe antibiotics and she said no.

That’s okay with me.  Lory has had this bug and she got antibiotics which didn’t help.

I stopped at the health food store and picked up some of my cheese. 

I also stopped to look at the river.  It was very high.  It empties into the Ohio river which is supposed to crest today well above flood stage.

Ten inches of rain so far in April which breaks the previous record.

One year there was a tour boat from New Orleans docked at Cincinnati when the floods came.  The water rose so the boat couldn’t get under the bridges to go back to the Mississippi River.  They offered special tours around the area to the customers.  They also offered to fly them home.  I thought it was funny.  Mother nature will have her say in the best laid plans.

I guess that explains why so many bridges are arched way up over rivers.  I hate those high bridges.  The palms of my hands and the bottoms of my feet tingle when I drive over them.  I have to just watch the vehicle in front of me and miss the possibly wonderful view from the top.

I hope everyone had a nice Easter.  I had a quiet day sniffling and snorting.  (pity party)

later….

 

No comments: