A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Last of Chemo Round 4 and Info

Today my blood was good and I received the Taxol on schedule.  I asked the nurse – sometimes nurses will tell you more than doctors – about my schedule.

Next Monday I go for blood work.  That will be without the addition of the steroids the day before and gives a truer reading.

The Monday after that I see the doctor and then am scheduled to start the next round of chemo.  That day they will also draw blood for the special test of cancer markers.

The nurse said some patients stay on chemo for a year, depending on what their blood markers are.

So now at least I have some information to work with. 

I plan to try driving myself to that next chemo appointment.  If I feel wobbly afterward I will sit in my car until I feel alert enough to drive.  If I sit there for more than an hour I will call someone to bring a friend and drive me and my car home.

I have told the nurse and my kids what I plan to do.  I just want to be more independent.

The new normals are coming fast.  Sometimes the hardest thing to say is “thy will be done”.  Then the question arises – what is “thy will”. 

So on I go on into this journey.  I WILL find a way to be more independent and get more done and not give in to the fatigue so much. 

John installed a new showerhead yesterday, the kind with a hose on it and you can lift it off and spray around. 

Since Bandit jumped into the bathtub to avoid the thunder and lightning yesterday evening and dog feet are always a little dirty, I made use of the showerhead today to rinse out the tub.  He also managed to get a bit of wet paint on his head. 

Once I get him into his cage, smelly chewy dog treats are the lure, he seems to settle down and feel safe.  I never had a dog who predicted storms before.  Guess he is a weather dog.

I slept through the storm in the night.  Those sleeping pills really work.  There were tree trimmers out today cleaning up a lot of old trees and branches just down the street.  Everyone needs work around here, good for them.

Really enjoyed a phone call from my sister yesterday.  I enjoy reading her blog and hearing about the places they go and the things they do. 

Later….

 

 

No comments: