A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Sunday and Monday

Sunday - Took my steroids and then went grocery shopping this morning.  Is that power shopping?  It didn’t take me long as I had a list. 

The sun is shining today and it feels warm at 50 degrees.  My son-in-law had the top off his car.  High tomorrow is supposed to be 39.  So I guess we have to enjoy the warm days when we get them.

I even took a walk in my back yard which is mostly still covered with snow.   By evening most of the snow was gone.

On Monday I see a physicians assistant (PA) instead of the doctor.  Tomorrow will be chemo treatment 10, the start of round 4.  Sure hope my port works this time.

Monday – My port worked!!  Hoorah.  My blood was good.  I got Zometa and the chemo, Taxol.  I dozed and even snored a little which kept waking me up.

I asked how many more rounds of chemo were planned.  The PA checked and said I was to get a PET scan after a couple more rounds. 

I asked for a prescription for the Mucinex-D since I can’t buy a weeks worth at a time over the counter.  I got that – a months worth with 1 refill. 

Going to the prescription counter to pick stuff up is when you can stand beside people with colds and flu etc.  So I hate to go there often.

One side effect (affect?) of Taxol is tingling and numbness in hands and feet.  That has started lately and 2 toes on my right foot are numb. 

I mentioned this to the PA and she consulted with one of the oncologists (mine is out of town).  He said to take vitamin B-6.  Since I also take Centrum Silver they checked to see how much more I would need and they said 200 mg.  So we stopped at the drug store and got some.

That’s about it for the appointment.

Before I went to my appointment I dropped the car at the garage.  Twice more it has stalled while the engine was warm.  It seems to start fine when it is cold.  They still have it, they haven’t been able to make it do it.  I have told them if they can’t find the problem I will shoot the car.

Machines are supposed to do what they are supposed to do and I have very little patience with them when they don’t. 

We’ll see if the car can be fixed better than I can be fixed.

later….

No comments: