A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Out of the House Saturday

Today I went to the post office, the bank (drive-thru), and Walmart.   A woman in the next drive-thru lane at the bank was taking a long time, she was on her cell phone.  I was looking toward the bank, not at her, but she closed the cell phone and drove away giving me a dirty look.  I’m sure the car behind her was glad she finally moved on.

Then I came home, put away most of the groceries and took a nap.  The dogs took a nap, too.  They are so used to my being here all the time that they get stressed when I am gone.  That makes them tired. 

They got their ears worked on this evening.  It amounts to squirting liquid in their ears and massaging the base of their ears for a minute or two, then letting them shake their heads to get the liquid out. 

I used to buy this liquid from the vet at about $10. a bottle.  This last time I was at the vet’s I introduced Bandit who is a foster dog.  The vet took pity on me and told me the liquid was 50% water and 50% vinegar. 

This ear cleaning process upsets Bandit a lot.  He runs around the back yard shaking his head then comes in the house and runs around like a wild dog.  I am told this is called the “Bassett 500”.

It just so happened that Lory and John were painting in the bathroom when he came in.  He kept taking a detour in there while he ran.  We finally had to close the door until he settled down.

My sense of smell isn’t dead.  I can smell the paint now and then.

The ceiling is done and tomorrow the walls will be done.  I’ll try to get a picture of the finished product.  It was painted before in 2002.  There is only one other room that has been painted since I moved here in 2002.

I’m not much of a decorator.  If there is a nail on the wall I’ll hang something on it but that’s about it.

Tomorrow will be a “take the Dexamethasone” day in preparation for chemo on Monday.

later….

 

No comments: