A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chemo - Round 4 Treatment 11

Everything went well yesterday.  My blood was good so I got my drugs.  I dozed off and on, just give me drugs and I can drift off.

Maybe that’s why I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn’t go back to sleep.

I ate a bit last night and felt full before I ate.  I think the upset stomach thing is starting to build up.  Everything has side effects.  The pills for nausea have other side effects that I have to take pills for. 

The weather has turned back to winter.  I had planned to do some running around today but the car is covered with ice.  The TV news is warning of black ice on the roads so I guess I’ll hibernate some more.

It rained yesterday.  The dogs finally had to be brave and go out in it.  When they came back inside Bandit went to the bathroom and stood there barking. 

It finally occurred to me that he remembered being dried off with a towel – one time – several months ago.

Now I am trainable, maybe a bit slow at it.  He got dried off with the towel and so did Teddy.   

When spring finally comes and the dogs come in with muddy feet I will have to teach them to let me wipe their feet off in the “mud” room.  When I had 4 dogs instead of just 2 that was quite a job.

Later….

 

No comments: